Here are my resolutions for the year (at least some)
- Read as much as I can. Academic and otherwise. So far I’m doing ok at that, I read plenty of scholarly articles, but I need to try and increase the literature in my life nonetheless.
- Rely less of my car and the bus. I am trying to really go for broke this year and live “car-lite”. This means that if I want to go somewhere without Jordan toting me around in the car, I’ll ride or walk. I was already beginning to do this last year, but I plan on taking it up a notch.
- Ride at least 2,000 miles this year. Self explanatory and linked with #2.
- Cook healthy, fresh foods for which I know all of the ingredients. We also started doing this already as most of you know. I want to keep it up, even as times and schedules get tight through the year.
- Continue to lose weight, hopefully dropping to the 200 lb mark or below. According to my height and age, my optimum body weight is between 185-195 lb. I’m not there yet at 227 lb, but considering from just following resolutions #2-4 at the end of last year I dropped 28 lb from my max weight of 255 lb, I’d say I’m on a good start.
- Learn to shred major guitar rockage in my scant spare time. The best Christmas gift by far this year (besides my health and a loving wife) has been my guitar. I want to get better at it through the year so that I can swoon Jordan and other passerby’s with my Siren songs.
Do you guys have any interesting resolutions? Let me know in the comments if you care to.